The Foundation for Neonatal Research and Education offers scholarship opportunities to neonatal nurses who meet the following criteria:
- You must be officially admitted to a college or school of higher education for one of the following: (a) Bachelor of Science in Nursing (current RN), (b) Master in Science in Nursing for Advance Practice in Neonatal Nursing, (c) Doctoral degree in Nursin, (d) Master's or Post-Master degree in Nursing Administration or Business Management.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You must be a professionally active neonatal nurse as evidenced by:
- Actively engaged in a service, research, or educational role that contributes directly to the health care of neonates or to the neonatal nursing profession (includes all professional neonatal nursing roles and neonatal nursing students).
- An active member of a professional association dedicated to enhancing neonatal nursing and the care of neonates whose mission is consistent with the mission of the Foundation for Neonatal Research and Education (FNRE). Must be a member longer than one year prior to submitting application.
- Demonstration of ongoing professional education in neonatal nursing as demonstrated by at least 10 contact hours in neonatal content in the past 24 months. orOr neonatal nurses enrolled in a degree nursing program (advanced or RN to BSN) during the same time period.
- You must not have received a FNRE scholarship or grant in the past five (5) years.
- If awarded both a FNRE scholarship and grant concurrently, then only one can be kept.
- Members of the FNRE Board and the FNRE Scholarship Review Committee are ineligible to apply during their term.
To download a scholarship application in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format (requires free Acrobat Reader software), simply click on the link below: